"La David T. Johnson", White said.
A team with U.S. Africa Command on November 12 discovered additional human remains at the site where Sgt.
Johnson's wife, Myeshia Johnson, had told ABC News in October the military barred her from seeing her husband's body, making her very suspicious of what was in the casket at his funeral in later that month. La David Johnson became separated from the rest of the group.
Investigators are trying to find out why US forces on the ground waited an hour after the attack began before calling for support, what type of intelligence was used in the mission and why it took nearly two days for the initial discovery of Johnson's body. Johnson were found about five weeks after he was killed in an ambush in Niger last month, the Pentagon said Tuesday, raising more questions about the operation that led to the deaths of four elite US soldiers. "Johnson's body was recovered following the October 4 attack". I know my husband's body from head to toe, and they won't let me see anything.
"Why couldn't I see my husband?" She explained that she knew every inch of him and wanted to see something that was left.
She added: "They won't show me a finger, a hand".
"I want the family to know, though, that I will continue to push and push and push for a thorough investigation of both the ambush and La David's final hours".
Two more American troops were wounded and five Nigerien troops were also killed in the incident.
The announcement also paints a clearer picture in the saga over Johnson's remains and what his widow, Myeshia, described as the military's decision to block her from viewing them. The Pentagon said earlier this month it informed the soldiers' family members that the investigation into their deaths would not be complete until at least January.
It was during that same interview that Johnson confirmed reports that President Trump, while speaking to the widow over the phone, forgot the soldier's name and said "he knew what he signed up for".
Trump hit back at Wilson and tweeted she "fabricated" his statement. Chief of staff John Kelly also defended Trump and said he was "stunned" and "brokenhearted" that the event turned into a public and political spectacle.