Iran will file a complaint with the United Nations over the allegation made by the US Ambassador Nikki Haley that a missile fired at Saudi Arabia from Yemen last month was supplied by the Islamic Republic, Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif told Sputnik in an email. Haley stood in front of an Iranian missile that Iran's proxy - the Houthis - fired at Riyadh International Airport, a civilian target in Saudi Arabia.
"From there it was sacked at a civilian airport with the potential to kill hundreds of innocent civilians in Saudi Arabia".
According to the Department of Defense, he revealed that despite "the murder of his own people on the industrial scale", Iran has been "actively engaged" in keeping Syrian President Bashar al-Assad in power.
Haley's briefing included physical evidence that Iran is providing ballistic missiles to the Houthis, Mattis said.
Mattis criticized Iran's activities with Lebanese Hezbollah, the "threat to peace", and the threat to Israel, and claimed the country bears responsibility for the state of the Middle East.
The move sparked worldwide condemnation and led to protests around the world, especially in Arab countries.
"To expose what they are doing is healthy for the worldwide community for their awareness of what's going on there".
In addition to its support on the Arabian Peninsula to the Houthis - a Shia group seeking to take control of Yemen - the secretary cited some of Iran's activities elsewhere in the region.
A senior official of the United Arab Emirates (UAE) said on Saturday through his Twitter account that Iran is "a serial missile exporter in the region".
In a statement issued on Thursday, Iran's Ambassador to the United Nations Gholam Ali Khoshroo also rejected Haley's claim as "baseless" and said the accusations are aimed at covering up the Saudi war crimes in Yemen with the USA complicity.