Turkish authorities dismissed more than 18,000 state employees for alleged ties to terror groups on Sunday, a dramatic extension of mass purges launched after the 2016 failed military coup as President Recep Tayyip Erdogan is about begin a new term with vastly expanded executive powers.
Human rights groups say the purge has also targeted the government's political opponents and critics and has swept up innocent people, as well.
Turkish media dubbed the decree as the "last" with officials indicating the state of emergency could end as early as Monday.
The decree also said 148 employees who were dismissed in the past had been reinstated.
However, Erdogan said during his election campaign that if deemed necessary, the state of emergency will return, especially if the country faces "terror threats".
Turkey declared a state of emergency for the first time on July 20, 2016, following the defeated coup by the Fetullah Terrorist Organization (or FETO) and its US-based leader Fetullah Gulen, which left 251 people dead and almost 2,200 wounded.
The Turkish government has blamed USA -based Muslim cleric Fethullah Gulen for the failed coup attempt during which 250 people were killed.
Some 3,077 army soldiers were also dismissed as well as 1,949 air force personnel and 1,126 from the naval forces.
President Erdogan claims that Islamic cleric Fethullah Gulen is the inspiration behind the coup and is calling for his extradition from the United States.
Tens of thousands of others have been fired or suspended in the enormous purge.
One of the newspapers closed was the Kurdish-language daily Welat based in the south-eastern province of Diyarbakir as well as the pro-Kurdish Ozgurlukcu Demokrasi whose Istanbul offices were raided by police in March.