As previously reported, Carter was accused of rape by singer Melissa Schuman, a former member of girl group Dream, in November 2017. It gives me great solace to know that my testimony is fully documented, investigated and sealed for the future if needed by law enforcement.
Schuman shared the allegations - which Carter denied - in a detailed blog post previous year. Then he took her to a bedroom and raped her, she said. "I'm sorry Lima", he wrote after sharing the news, before following up with another tweet an hour later.
She alleged that Carter forced oral sex on her and later pressured her to perform oral sex on him.
Carter, 38, denied the allegations at the time in a statement provided to CNN.
And Nick feels vindicated that the charges have been dropped and is ready to move on.
"My family and I were well aware of the likelihood that my case was not prosecutable", she said in an email to The Associated Press.
This is not the first time that the couple has gone through their share of struggles to have a child, as they also lost one other child to miscarriage when Kitt was 16 weeks along in a previous pregnancy.
Nick added that he 'was always respectful and supportive of Melissa both personally and professionally'.
He said: "I am shocked and saddened by Ms. Schuman's accusations". It is contrary to my nature and everything I hold dear to intentionally cause someone discomfort or harm'.
An attorney for Carter, whose band is now playing a long-term engagement in Las Vegas, said in a statement on Tuesday that the singer was "happy to put the matter behind him".
"Nick has denied these allegations ever since he first learned of them past year, and was confident the district attorney would conclude that there was no basis to pursue charges against him", lawyer Michael Holtz said in a statement.