A member of South Korean boyband BigBang has prematurely had his contracted terminated, after he was accused of supplying prostitutes to his business contacts.
Prostitution is illegal in South Korea, but illicit sex businesses thrive in the shadows in the country.
"I received a video from Jung and did have inappropriate conversations", Yong said in a statement posted to his Instagram, according to a translation by the South Korean news agency Yonhap.
The reason? A prostitution scandal that has gotten so "big", it has become too hard to handle.
One of the group chats included Seungri of BigBang, who is now under investigation for brokering prostitution for investors. He has been charged with illegal filming and leaking visual material.
"I've disappointed so many people and made so many people angry, I want to apologize once more and I will cooperate with the investigation", he said. "I told my agency to take care of it".
Yong also said that he had met Seoul police as a witness in the ongoing case against Jung and that he had cooperated fully with the investigation.
He also said that he had been branded as a "national traitor", and added that he "cannot stand the fact that I'm harming others for my own sake".
Seungri has been engaged in diverse business ventures, including a ramen franchise and a dance academy, and enjoyed displaying his lavish lifestyle.
Singer Seungri of South Korean boy band Big Bang has been accused of'sexual bribery at a night club he controls
"My friends told me that I should stop being a fan of K-pop", she said as she waited outside the company's office in Seoul, hoping to put her demand for answers to company officials.
Meanwhile, the case is expected to grow bigger following a local broadcaster's report concerning alleged collusion between Jung and the police in 2016, when Jung was accused of secretly taking intimate photos of his ex-girlfriend without her consent.
Big Bang is on temporary hiatus as its four other members fulfil about two years of military or alternative service, a requirement for all able-bodied men in South Korea.
He is the second K-pop artist to quit showbiz in recent days, with his decision coming two days after Seungri, 28, said he was retiring.
"It was something that he uploaded himself without consulting YG Entertainment first", AllKPop quoted a YG statement as saying.
According to a report on The Korea Herald, YG Entertainment on Wednesday announced it is ending its exclusive contract with Seungri as per his request. Jung also announced his retirement as a singer.
"In regards to what is being said in relation to me, I admit to all my crimes". "I filmed women without their consent and shared it in a chatroom, and while I was doing so I didn't feel a great sense of guilt". More than anything, I kneel and apologize to the women who appear in the videos who have learned of this ugly truth as the incident has come to light, and to the many people who must be angry at the situation over which they can not contain their disappointment and astonishment.
The police in charge of the case in August 2016 had asked the fix center recovering Jung's cellphone to give a written statement that it was impossible to recover the data on the mobile phone, the whistleblower said on local news outlet SBS.